Metal Shop Foreman
Pittsburgh Building & Construction Trades Council, AFL-CIO Salary Schedule (Starting at $29.80 per hour)
City of Pittsburgh Residency Required
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
- Must have a high school diploma or GED equivalency.
- Must be a member in good standing with the United Union Of Roofers Waterproofers And Allied Workers.
- Evidence of having successfully completed an approved apprenticeship program of no less than four years, culminating in the appointment to journeyman roofer.
Essential Job Functions
- Documenting/Recording Information: Entering, transcribing, recording, storing, or maintaining information in written or electronic/magnetic form
- Performing Administrative Activities: Performing day to day administrative tasks such as maintaining information files and processing paperwork.
- Technical Proficiency: The ability and willingness to exhibit competency in the technical areas needed to do a specific job.
- Organizational Ability: The ability and willingness to organize and utilize resources to achieve results.
- Workflow Management: The ability and willingness to perform work within defined specifications and timelines and to manage conflicting priorities.
- Stakeholder Relations: The ability and willingness to interact and communicate effectively with stakeholders.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Locate and repair roof leaks and flashing leaks.
2. Repair, replace and re-anchor sheet roofing, slate and tile.
3. Replace metal flashing and clean roofs and gutters of leaves, debris, snow and ice to maintain safe and proper roof drainage.
4. Perform routine roof maintenance except in winter when ice and snow buildups become a hazard to pedestrians, as well as to the building, and must be properly cleared.
Additional Job Information
Physical Demands: This position is primarily sedentary in nature. Employee will be required to operate computer system for data entry, and have the ability to complete necessary paperwork. This position requires minimum physical effort and not subjected to Occupational Health and Safety risks.
1. Indoors in busy office, working in close proximity to co-worker
2. Frequently required to work at fast pace
3. Requires considerable concentration and creativity.
4. Subject to stress caused by a changing environment, diversity in the organization, tight deadlines and work load.
ADA: The employer will make reasonable accommodation in compliance with the American with Disabilities Act of 1990.