Aligned to the Adjunct Teacher Salary Schedule (starting salary $40, 171)
- Practicing dancer with proven ballet performance history
- Teaching experience with diverse audiences - high school, studio, and /or community settings
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Collaborative and creative team player
- Collaborative work with community arts organizations
- Preference given for applicants who hold a BFA in Dance with a Concentration in Ballet or professional experience equivalent.
- Knowledge of and experience in other genres and performance background a plus.
City of Pittsburgh Residency Required
Essential Job Functions
- Prepare and teach stimulating classes in classical ballet to students aged 13-18 and prepare students for a professional career in dance
- Create choreography for 2-3 annual student productions, select accompanying music and coordinating costume
- Nurture each student to maximize his/her balletic potential
- Assessment and support of individual student learning styles
- Utilize differentiated instruction to support all students according to their accommodations and learning styles
- Ensuring a culture of rigor and discipline
- The sensitive handling of students' emotional needs, giving constructive criticism, encouragement and confidence
- Create a welcoming, healthy and safe learning environment for all students to grow and learn by setting class-based rules and boundaries that are centered on mutual respect and understanding of our core values
- Maintain discipline in accordance with the rules and disciplinary systems of the school
- Regularly communicate with students, parents and other CAPA Dance faculty to share artistic progress, encourage positive behavior, and resolve behavioral and artistic issues.
- Maintain student attendance records