Executive Director, ELA, Humanities, and Library
12 month salary schedule for PFT-represented professionals
- Valid Pennsylvania Elementary Education K-6 Certification; Pennsylvania Reading Specialist Certification is preferred.
- 3-5 years' experience teaching
-Record of proficient and distinguished performance levels in literacy instruction.
- Experience implementing research-based reading interventions
- Knowledge of the PA Core Standards and PA Eligible Content
- Ability to work cross-functionally across a number of schools and engage multiple stakeholders in working toward a common goal.
- Must possess effective communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Successful track record of completing projects and tasks on time and on budget.
- Skilled use of Microsoft Office applications and databases is required.
- Must possess strong analytical skills
No Residency Requirement
Essential Job Functions
1. Provide on-going support for the implementation of reading interventions to teachers and school leaders across a number of schools.
2. Develop and plan professional development to teachers and staff at the school and district level, particularly in the area of literacy interventions.
3. Support teachers with utilizing data to drive instruction, group students, place students into appropriate literacy interventions, and monitor progress.
4. Support the collaboration between general and special education teachers.
5. Facilitate and support professional learning communities.
6. Implement innovative professional learning opportunities for teacher collaboration through the use of technology, study of student work, and cross school visits.
7. Attend ELA team meetings.
8. Participate in district wide professional development sessions
9. Maintain weekly log and provide reports to central office regarding school visits
10. Adhere to schedule provided.
11. Other duties as assigned by supervisor related to curriculum, interventions, and assessment