- High school diploma or equivalent.
- City of Pittsburgh residency. Candidates who do not live within the territorial boundaries of the School District of Pittsburgh must establish residence within three calendar months of being employed with the School District of Pittsburgh.
- Previous work experience
- Computer competency
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
City of Pittsburgh Residency Required
Essential Job Functions
Primary responsibilities include:
- Work with students who have scored basic and below basic on standardized tests.
- Assist students with reading, writing, and math skills.
- Work closely with teachers to coordinate instructional strategies.
- Assist in planning, preparing and developing various lessons as directed.
- Maintain student tutor files.
- Assist with parental contact.
- Assist with goal setting and measurement.