Assistant Superintendent, Student Support Services
Secretarial-Clerical Salary Schedule - Level 8
(Salary starting at $36, 784.30)
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Work Year: 12 Months
- High school graduation or GED and appropriate secretarial experience of a progressively responsible nature preferably in an educational system.
- Prior experience as a project assistant or Office Manager preferred.
- Previous experience in an administrative support role required.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and typing 45 WPM.
City of Pittsburgh Residency Required
Essential Job Functions
1. Work closely with the Director of Student Services- Social Work & Crisis Response to process all McKinney Vento forms for homeless and foster care forms; enter forms into the database and disseminate form to Transportation.
2. Enter bullying and harassment forms into the database and send notification letters from the Director of Student Services- Social Work & Crisis Response to relevant parties.
3. Compile list of 504 plans received from all PPS schools per the direction of the Director of Student Services- Social Work & Crisis Response and Director of Health Services.
4. Perform day to day administrative tasks such as maintaining information files, processing paperwork, data entry, creating documents/spreadsheets, and data analysis.
5. Assist with processing student work permits.
6. Check Magnet voice voicemail and email account as well as assisting with the registration process for new enrollments.
7. Develop and facilitate presentations for informational magnet sessions and other events.
8. Craft templates and materials for review for use within the department.
9. Assist Health Services with producing parent letters for homebound and medical transportation.
10. Serve as liaison with the district's webmaster for updates to the Student Services website.
11. Assist with scheduling informational magnet sessions that occur at schools and in the community.
12. Obtain and examine information to assess concerns and forward to the appropriate PPS administrator or department for resolution.
13. Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with other PPS departments.
14. Ability to perform related duties as required.
Additional Job Information
Performing Administrative Activities:
This person will be performing day to day administrative tasks such as maintaining information files and processing paperwork -- including significant online reporting in both Access and Excel and computer data entry and analysis.
Customer and Personal Service:
This position requires a strong level of patience and ability to counsel families who are new to the District in regards to the options available for them. Additionally, this person will be responsible for assisting our current families in understanding the changing magnet and open enrollment admissions process and providing exemplary customer service under stress.
This person should have knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, excel spreadsheets, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
The ability and willingness to organize and utilize resources to achieve results.
The ability and willingness to perform work within defined specifications and timelines and to manage conflicting priorities.
The ability and willingness to interact and communicate effectively with stakeholders (parents, community organizations, staff members, etc.).
Physical Demands: Employee will be required to operate computer system for data entry, and have the ability to complete necessary paperwork. This position requires minimum physical effort and not subjected to Occupational Health and Safety risks.
1. Indoors in busy office, working in close proximity to co-worker
2. Frequently required to work at fast pace during peak parts of the year
3. Requires considerable concentration and creativity.
4. Subject to stress caused by a changing environment, diversity in the organization, tight deadlines and work load.
ADA: The employer will make reasonable accommodation in compliance with the American with Disabilities Act of 1990.