Paraprofessional Salary Schedule (starting at $2, 499/month)
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
- Must hold an Associate's or Bachelor's Degree (any content area) or current Preschool CDA (Child Development Associate) Credential.
- Experience in working with early childhood (preschool) students is EA preferred.
City of Pittsburgh Residency Required
Essential Job Functions
1. Plans with the teacher for various assignments, areas of responsibility, and/or specific duties.
2. Assists in the teacher with lesson planning and delivery of lessons, including individualization for students.
3. Assists in meal time preparation as needed.
4. Assists with classroom management / behavior management plans.
5. Assists the EC classroom teacher and Early Intervention teacher with meeting individual students' IEP goals and making necessary adaptations.
6. Assists with student assessments, screenings, and data collection as needed.
7. Assists in carrying out a plan for meeting appropriate outdoor and indoor play and quiet time.
8. Assists in maintaining a wide range of suitable activities so that the children can make choices according to their own interests and needs.
9. Assists in diapering, toileting, and potty training in a positive manner.
10. Attends pre- and in-service training as scheduled.
11. Assists in providing easy and natural transitions for children moving from one activity to another.
12. Assists in completing home-visits and parent-teacher conferences as mandated by the Early Childhood Program and Federal Head Start guidelines.
13. Works to build trust and promote positive interactions with families.
14. Assists in insuring that equipment and materials are in good condition and provide a setting that is orderly and attractive.
15. Participate in and support program initiatives such as Keystone STARS, NAEYC Accreditation, etc. as necessary.
Additional Job Information
1. Frequently required to work at fast pace.
2. Required to be able to physically implement restraints as directed through specific restraint training when a student is in danger of hurting self or others.
3. Requires considerable concentration and creativity.
4. Subject to stress caused by a changing environment, diversity in the organization, tight deadlines and work load.
ADA: The employer will make reasonable accommodation in compliance with the American with Disabilities Act of 1990.