Director of Student Support Services
Support Non-Exempt Salary Schedule, Level 10 (starting at $42, 952)
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
- Minimum of a high school diploma or GED; Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Strong project management skills.
- Previous experience in an administrative support role required.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with others.
- Data entry experience, particularly with student information systems; Experience and familiarity with eSchool Plus strongly desired.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and Office 365.
Ability to operate a copier machine.
City of Pittsburgh Residency Required
Essential Job Functions
- Review and make on-going recommendations to the Director of Student Support Services- Social Work & Crisis Response that will enhance the district's procedures for identifying homeless students;
- Process McKinney-Vento applications and provision of services for homeless and foster care students;
- Enter data into a separate McKinney Vento database as required by the Allegheny Intermediate Unit;
- Serve as a liaison between our Transportation department, other school districts, the Allegheny County McKinney Vento Liaison, Allegheny County Department of Human Services (DHS), and affected parents;
- Assist the Director of Student Support Services- Social Work & Crisis Response and Director of Student Support Services- Guidance in facilitating training for Counselors and Social Workers;
- Participate in regional training provided by the Allegheny Intermediate Unit, DHS, and other relevant providers regarding ESSA guidelines for serving McKinney Vento and foster care students served within the statute.