Chief of Data, Research, Evaluation and Assessment
Support Administrators Salary Schedule, Level 4 (starting salary $91, 627)
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Administration Building
Master's Degree in educational assessment, research, evaluation or a similar related field (i.e. public Health, Psychology, Statistics etc.) or Bachelors degree in Education, Statistics, or related field with extensive experience in Educational Assessment.
Experience and/or training In Psychometrics
Must possess strong data-analytical skills, and the ability to explain, and demonstrate the appropriate use of assessment related data
Successful track record of completing tasks on time and on budget
Skilled use of Microsoft Office applications
Must possess effective communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills
Ed.D. or Ph.D. in educational assessment, research, evaluation or a similar related field
At least three to five years of experience in educational assessment, research, evaluation or a similar related field
At least three to five years of experience in a leadership position
Experience with statistical software (e.g. SPSS, SAS, STATA, R, etc.), and working with databases (e.g. SQL, etc.)
Experience with data visualization
Experience with assessment writing
City of Pittsburgh Residency Required
Essential Job Functions
1. Supervise the administration, data and reporting of State and external assessment systems including Serving as the designated District Assessment Coordinator for all assessment programs.
2. Supervise the District assessment process to include supporting the development, improvement and coordinating the smooth administration of district assessments.
3. Supervise the administration and implementation of the district assessment platform.
4. Assist the curriculum department in the development of assessments through the provision of psychometric information to improve test operation and feedback.
5. Provide support and capacity building for availability of state and district assessment data through reports, data analysis and cooperation with the appropriate curriculum personnel for use in: data informed instruction, data informed assessment and curriculum development.
6. Oversee the design and implementation of the District's portfolio of assessments and assessment calendar.
7. Coordinating with the curriculum staff to ensure the provision of professional development related to assessment development reporting and use.
8. Coordinate with the professional development department and to ensure access to assessment related data is integrated into existing professional development offerings.
9. Coordinate with the other directors in the DREA Division to ensure the development and delivery of training in the areas of assessment, evaluation, and accountability
10. Cooperate and support with the appropriate curriculum, district, and school personnel to provide data and insights to drive instruction and educational improvements.
11. Participate in appropriate local, state, and national organizations.
11. Directly supervise members of DREA with responsibilities aligned to functions of this role.
12. All other duties as assigned by supervisor.