Coordinator of Out-of-School Time
Work Year: 12 months
- Candidates must be enthusiastic about the fundamental goal of advancing student achievement in an urban public school district and understand how out-of-school time can aid in advancing student achievement goals.
- Candidates must also possess a willingness to work in a fast-paced environment and a non-traditional schedule (may include evenings/weekends).
- Candidates should have proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Access experience is preferred as well (but can be taught if no prior experience).
City of Pittsburgh Residency Required
Essential Job Functions
1. Become fluent in the work of the Out-of-School Time office to provide support to the year-round planning efforts for Summer Dreamers Academy, After School Academy, and partnerships.
2. Ensure that all program data, paperwork, materials and supplies, are efficiently organized and maintained in our Central Office in Oakland and our storage space in Marshall-Shadeland (Oliver Citywide Academy).
3. Prepare documents and correspondence for various internal and external entities, such as data and responses to inquiries.
4. Support schools and families with the registration process for SDA & ASA.
5. Conduct site visits and provide feedback to partner organizations.
6. Stay relevant on current educational trends, topics, and information related to summer learning.
7. Assist the entire team with related tasks as requested.
8. All other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Additional Job Information
Additional information about the work environment:
- Indoors in busy office, working in close proximity to co-workers
- Frequently required to work long hours at a fast pace, at times during evening and weekend hours
- Requires considerable concentration and creativity
- Subject to stress caused by a changing environment, diversity in the organization, tight deadlines and work load
ADA: The employer will make reasonable accommodation in compliance with the American with Disabilities Act of 1990. This job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and marginal job functions are subject to modification.