Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Knowledge of North Carolina State Code
- Knowledge of approved electrical methods, practices, code requirements and safety standards.
- Knowledge of pertinent building and construction codes and regulations.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions of the trade, including safe practices and procedures of the trade.
- Knowledge of procedure and proper use of tools and equipment used in maintenance and repair of refrigeration, heating, ventilation and air conditioning equipment.
- Knowledge of principles and procedures of record keeping.
- Ability to perform installation, maintenance and repair of a wide range of refrigeration, heating, ventilation and air conditioning equipment including control systems (DDC / pneumatic).
- Ability to read and interpret technical diagrams, blueprints, plans and specifications.
- Ability to estimate labor and materials costs.
- Ability to lift heavy objects and perform manual labor.
- Ability to work effectively under emergency and hazardous situations.
- Ability to maintain a variety of records relative to HVAC repair and maintenance.
- Ability to work effectively in the absence of supervision.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted during the course of work.
Required skills most (5 to 8 hrs) of a normal work shift: Climbing/ Balancing, Walking, Standing, Sitting, Bending/Stooping, Grasping/ Twisting, Reaching, and Fingering/ Typing
Required skills part (up to 4hrs) of a normal work shift: Lifting/ Carrying, Pushing/ Pulling, and Crawling/ Kneeling
Running is not required